The Scottish Volleyball Association is pleased to announce the scheduling of the first 3 days of a Level III Coach Education course on the 28th the 29th and 30th December 2016 at Ravenscraig Regional Sport Facility 1 O’Donnell Way, Motherwell, North Lanarkshire . The Level III course will coincide with the Xmas camp for junior national team athletes and the players concerned will help in the delivery and exploration of the practical sessions.
This Level III award is a four day course designed to investigate and develop the coaching practice of the participants. The purpose of the award is to develop the practical skills required of the Head Coach.
The areas of focus for the course include:
• an analysis and investigation of the planning process and the purpose of identified planning cycles
• the development of tools for analysis – developing a ‘Coaches Eye’
• developing an understanding of the different approaches which are available for the teaching of game-specific skills
• developing an understanding of the different coaching styles and their implications for the learning environment
• the different frames of reference which underpin performance, and are used for analysis
• developing a series of ‘How to Coach’ skills e.g. communication and organisation
• developing an understanding of the importance of intervention strategies in the coaching environment.
If you would like to be considered as one of the candidates for the next scheduled course, please get in touch with me here and I will send you an initial registration form. Please be aware that the nature of this very practical course allows for only 3-4 candidates to be registered . Priority will be given to National League Coaches and scholarships are available. (To be allowed to attend there is also the precondition of having achieved the UKCC level 2)